Occasionette Open Call 2020
At Occasionette, we've always filled the shops with goods that we believe make great gifts. We receive a lot of suggestions about lines and products we should carry, especially from artists and makers, and so we've decided it would be fun to hold an open call for new product lines for Occasionette this holiday season.
Here's how it works:
- Applications will be accepted through July 27, 2020.
- Use your company name as the subject line for the application email.
- To apply, complete the online application.
- While we always like knowing what your best sellers are, we'll put together an order from your entire product catalog (you're not just submitting one product for submission).
- Makers will be notified on July 31, 2020 if their work is chosen.
- We will award purchase orders for the holiday season to anywhere from 3-7 makers. Selected makers must approve purchase orders by August 17, 2020 and be able to fulfill orders by October 1, 2020.
- 50% of our total buying budget for Open Call products will go to BIPOC makers / BIPOC owned companies.
- Makers must apply on behalf of their own company - applications submitted by third parties not directly employed by makers will not be considered. Know a maker or company you think would be a perfect fit for the shop? Send them a link to this page or tag them on our instagram Open Call post to encourage them to apply!
- Please keep in mind that wholesale pricing is not a discount on retail pricing, but should be a set price based on your costs. Your wholesale prices sets your retail prices and not the other way around.
Want to give us a sneak peek of your entry? Post a photo of your product on instagram with the tag #occasionetteopencall and follow us on instagram - we'd love to see your work!
We're looking forward to seeing so much beautiful work and so many amazing products! Please spread the word to all your favorite makers and artists!