Join our team!
Occasionette currently seeks motivated applicants to join our team.
All open positions are based in the Philadelphia, Pa area.
We are seeking customer service magicians with a knack for making people feel special during our busiest season of the year. Customer Service Specialists are the face of Occasionette. Responsibilities include helping shoppers find the perfect card or gift, ringing up purchases, gift wrapping for our customers, restocking items and helping to ensure the shop looks its best every day. We are hiring for these positions in both our Collingswood and East Passyunk locations (please select the location you'd prefer in the application).
- Ideal candidates are friendly, outgoing, an enthusiasm for cards and gifts, common sense, and a sense of humor.
- We expect all team members to be courteous, punctual, ready to pitch in to help with a variety of projects, eager to learn, and to be able to do simple math (like making change) without the aid of a calculator.
- Outstanding people skills are required, a desire to keep things neat is a must, a knack for problem solving is a plus.
- This position is part time (15-30 hrs / week). Candidates with both daytime weekday (including late morning & early afternoon hours), evening and weekend availability preferred. Preference will be given to candidates who do not have a M-F 9-5-type job and can offer more varied availability.
- Ideal candidates might have a freelance side gig, another part time job or otherwise flexible schedule. Weekend shifts are a must for all employees.
Please fill out our online application here to apply!
Applications accepted through October 11, 2019
Interviews will be scheduled through October 18 , 2019
Training for the holiday team will be Oct 27-28, 2019 (East Passyunk) and Nov 1-2, 2019 (Collingswood). Attendance at training is mandatory for all holiday employees.
Seasonal employment dates of work: late October through December 31, 2019.
About the company:
Occasionette is a woman-owned, award winning, community minded card and gift shop founded in 2013. As a member of the Occasionette team you’ll be working among a dynamic group of people, passionate about not only about cards and gifts, but about making a positive impact on our community. Ideal candidates are courteous, enthusiastic and have a strong desire to provide outstanding customer service. We work hard and we love what we do. We are committed to making sure everyone here leaves happier than they came in, and that includes our staff. Teamwork, communication, and common sense are key values for us.